InChI Trust Financial Support
The InChI Trust is the not-for-profit UK charity created to maintain, enhance, promulgate, and freely distribute the InChI structure representation algorithm to the worldwide scientific community and to advise on its use. The Trust is not funded directly to provide the development or services that the InChI standard requires on a continuing basis.
The InChI Trust is partially supported by funding from the Membership fees. In addition, the Trust gets donations from its supporters that include scientific and software expertise as well as programming support and limited financial contributions. The Trust seeks support from grants and contracts as these occasionally become available.
The Trust must provide funding for administrative costs and support and maintenance of the InChI software which must include:
- code management and release management
- release management itself is a growing cost as new areas of chemistry bring new compounds that must be tested prior to a release.
- nearly a dozen working groups extending InChI to new areas of chemistry
- we may need to support some paid software development for integrations across areas (like stereochemistry or tautomers).
- these may also require some extensions due to other new areas under development.
- release testing increases with each release as new areas of chemistry need to be tested and new test compounds added
- periodic InChI symposia and communications are being added including website and download sites
The Trust continues to seek additional support to be able to continue to expand and support InChI.
InChI Trust Donations
In order to fund all of the activities to support InChI, the Trust accepts financial donations from organizations and individuals when possible. These donations offer critical additional funds for the ongoing maintenance and support of the InChI standard and for the Trust.
If you are interested in making a donation to the InChI Trust, you can contact us by email or phone. We welcome all comments, questions and requests for further information.
Administrative contacts details:
Richard Kidd, InChI Trust
c/o Cambridge Crystallographic Data Centre, 12 Union Road, Cambridge, UK CB2 1EZ
Phone: +44 (0)1223 432344
Rudy Potenzone, InChI Trust
Phone: +1 (425) 802-6952